Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's Still An Upside-down M

I don't really even want to discuss this weekend. It's ridiculous that it wasn't at least a split for the Huskies, and it's Winter Carnival - it should've been a friggin' sweep.

What can I say - hardly any of our numerous scoring chances (especially Friday) were finished. Until Tech figures out how to score at least 3 goals a game, consistently (nearly every night), they will not rise out of the bottom half of the WCHA.

Highlights

*Royer - Certainly deserved more than the one goal he got on Friday. Tried hard to get things going and was rewarded for it.

*Kattelus - Worked to setup plays all weekend, too bad no one could finish them. I look forward to watching him in the seasons ahead.

*Kitti - Continues to bring his energy and physical game to the lineup every night, even if he doesn't have a lot of points. Wonder if he might be wearing a C or an A next year.

*Teslak - While Saturday's result was certainly not Nolan's fault, the team has almost always seemed more confident and focused in front of Teslak. I hope that doesn't bite us in the ass next season after he leaves.

On Notice

*Nolan - He'll need to be more consistent if he plans to start the majority of our games next season. Again, tonight was not his fault, and he did make several timely saves, but I felt he was caught out of position a little too much for comfort.

*Kerr - I know he wants to go out there and be the enforcer and all, but the silly little penalties need to stop. He needs to lead by example - making big, clean hits and keeping his head on straight.

*Foote - I've watched him make some very untimely turnovers all season - where was that 20+ pt. breakout season he promised us?

*The Entire Defense - Gave up too many opportunities on Saturday, including two virtually point-blank shots that resulted in BADger goals.

Bench Minors

*The atmosphere in the 3rd period - I know it sucks being down 4-1, and I'm just as guilty of failing to keep things going, but I thought afterwards that we could certainly have done much better than that.

*The Minor Key Fight Song - NO!!! If the band plays this again after ANY loss, I will punch whomever is directing in the face. I don't care if we just lost, you don't fucking trash the fight song by turning it into a funeral march. Ugh.

That's all I got - looks like 7th or 8th place for us this year, at best.

1 comment:

MeanEgirl said...

I'd like to make an argument to exclude Geoff Kinrade from those with the bench minor of the "entire defense." Geoff is awesome.

Thanks.